Modern dentistry can restore the look and feel of compromised teeth that suffer from damage or decay. Dr. Joseph Holland of Holland Dental, located in Indianapolis, IN, can discuss the benefits of dental crowns and bridges and how they can help bring beauty back to your smile.
When you have an injured, chipped, or decaying tooth, a dental crown is a great option. Crowns restore the damaged tooth by covering the outside and sitting above the gumline. Dental crowns are usually made of porcelain, and they reestablish the function and appearance of the tooth.
If you have missing or damaged teeth, a dental bridge can close the gaps in your smile. A dental bridge is centered with a false tooth held in place by crowns placed on either side to act as an anchor.
Benefits of Dental Bridges and Crowns
Dr. Holland at Holland Dental, located in Indianapolis, IN, can explain all the benefits of dental bridges and crowns. More than anything, your teeth will feel as comfortable and natural as your original teeth.
Dental crowns have many advantages that include:
- Protection and Restoration of Tooth Structure: A dental crown provides excellent protection for a threatened tooth.
- Esthetics: Dental crowns are made to restore the original shape of your tooth while remaining strong and aesthetically pleasing.
- Durability: Of all your dental restoration options, dental crowns last the longest because they are made from high-quality and durable materials.
Dental bridges also offer many advantages, including:
- Restoration of Dental Functionality: With the help of a bridge, your dental functionality is restored because you will chew and eat efficiently. Bridges can also improve the clarity of your speech that may have declined with the loss of your natural tooth or teeth.
- Restores Proper Alignment: The structure of a dental bridge distributes the force of chewing evenly among the other teeth, making it easier to chew.
- Esthetics: You can restore or improve your smile with a dental bridge.
- Durability: Like dental crowns, dental bridges also last longer than dentures.
At his Indianapolis, IN, dental office, Dr. Holland of Holland Dental can restore the appearance and function of your smith with dental crowns and bridges. Please call and make your appointment today at (317) 291-1000.